Thursday, April 26, 2012

Springtime garland

While reading the easter edition of one of my favorite magazines I found such a fun idea.
Sure you can go ahead and just buy pretty things but when it comes to seasonal styles, how often would you like to change?

And how fun is it to make something yourself? Even just the process of it.
So instead of following Emily of Cupcakes & Cashmere and buy a very pretty tassel garland, I followed my magazine and made a springtime garland myself.


I used bird and feather shapes in pastel colors but of course you can design it any way you like.
What do you need?
- Several sheets of colored paper,  you can also use wallpaper or gift wrap.
- Pretty shapes or drawing skills
- Two threads, one regular for sewing, one more substantial
- Scissors
- A sewing machine

- Draw your shapes onto the paper with a pencil, mind that for wallpaper and such you should cut out double and mirror one to create a entire shape.
- Place all your shapes in an order you like.
- Place the bigger thread on top of your shapes and sew over it (zigzag) with the regular sewing thread. Go on until you're done!



Cute, isn't it?
Love,
Noes

No comments: