Monday, March 21, 2011

The French connection

For some reason I love so many things the French are known for.
Macarons because they are simply delicious and cute, le Tour Eiffel is probably the most beautiful iron design in the world, du pain, the romantic feel of Paris, the sounds of the language although I’m in serious trouble should I ever need to use it myself and then of course… there is fashion.

As I said before in another blog, I adore how many French girls dress. Especially les Plastiscines because they are a little edgy too.

I found this cute drawing on ilovedyouforever.tumblr.com, a tumblr I visit every day because the writer Miriam has the best taste in pictures.


So today I decided I like it so much that I was going to figure out my own ‘French look’.
To have some order, I’ll just start at the top: Hair.

For some reason I believe the hairstyle (the two girls on the left) on this picture is really French. Maybe just because these girls have it but we need a hairstyle right?


I tried to make my own hair look like the second girl from the left.
First I straightened it, combed a part forward to create side bangs, backcombed my hair behind the side bangs heavily, used several bobby pins to pin the sides of my hair and finally used a lot of hairspray!

Make-up
Something I find distinctive about French make-up is loads of eyeliner and red lipstick. Since red lipstick is not a good look for me, I put the focus on my eyes.


To create this look it is best to use an eye-liner stylo, preferably extra black as well as the several layers of mascara.
I like to keep the rest of the make-up simple by using some foundation, concealer if necessary and nude lipstick.
Used products:
Gosh eye liner pen, black
Dior Show, Black out mascara, 099 black
Gosh lipstick, 134 Darling
Maybelline Affinitone foundation, 16 vanilla rose

And don’t forget, French manicure!

Clothing
It's isn't difficult and you can customize the look in any way you like.
A high waist skirt with simple top or a cute one piece, a powdery pink cardigan, platforms or heels, a trench coat, an envelope bag or real Chanel, the ray-ban wayfarer.


The time of Rimmel and ‘get the London look’ is over.
Get the Parisian look!
Love,
Noes

No comments: