Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jaywalkers


Recently the band changed it's name into 'Brigadiers' and they are working on a brand new album. Check out their website.

Meaning: the informal term used in North America for people whom illegally or recklessly cross the roadway as a pedestrian. No joke, there are even signs for it!

Reckless as this is on busy roads, I don’t want to discuss the traffic of North America.
I want to discuss music, a band from Denmark to be precise.



Jaywalkers, the experimental garage rock band consisting of Jakob Ludwig Løkkegaard,
Daniel Juhász Vigild, Tue Asmus Blichfeldt, Magnus Emil Thorn Jensen and Rasmus Blom from Denmark started their band in 2008.
They are inspired by bands such as Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, the Dead Weather, Led Zeppelin and Mew.

They released an EP called ‘ an exercise’ with the songs: folks I met, at the entrance and only gold.
Listening to ‘folks I met’ I really feel some Jack White/Dead Weather influence there. It catches your attention right away by the dramatic guitar solo but then slows a little down for the singer to come in and make it flow. Though it has the feel of the Dead Weather, it stands on it’s own and feels less chaotic.
To me, it has a more specific melody, I can see myself dance to it while I probably shouldn't to the Dead Weather.

‘At the entrance’ feels more lounge and calm while ‘only gold’ pops out again with heavy guitars and drums that are anything but ordinary.



Although it appears that this band is at its start, the diversity in their music will make sure it definitely is not at its end for long.
I’m always looking for cool new music and this band is definitely a good addition to my playlist. I'm looking forward to some more songs!

They were already playing shows in their own country, but they are now visiting us too.
On Thursday the 24th of March in Dordrecht, Friday the 25th in Zaandam and Saturday the 26th in Sneek they are the support for our Go Back To The Zoo.
Tickets are still available for the shows in Dordrecht and Zaandam so make sure to be there!

Buy them at:
Bibelot Dordrecht
Kade Zaandam

For more info and music:
Jaywalkers on Myspace
Jaywalkers and their management Catching Paper Planes

Enjoy!

Love,
Noes

2 comments:

Esther said...

Leuk stukje Noes :)
Have fun bij het concert! XX

es said...

Nice!